Paste these commands via the API (input the actual username and password before you hit "execute")
xConfiguration Provisioning LoginName: "<USERNAME>"
xConfiguration Provisioning Password: "<PASSWORD>"
xConfiguration Provisioning ExternalManager Address: t.vnor.net
xConfiguration Provisioning ExternalManager Domain: t.vnor.net
xConfiguration Provisioning Mode: Off
xConfiguration Provisioning Mode: VCS
xConfiguration Provisioning TlsVerify: Off
xConfiguration Phonebook Server 1 TlsVerify: Off
- Open your browser and enter the hostname or IP-address of your endpoint
- Sign in as the admin user
- Make sure the endpoint has internet access and that DNS server(s) are configured. DNS is crucial for both provisioning and call service.
- Navigate to "Configuration -> API"
- Copy-paste the commands from the top of this article into the API window.
- Input the assigned username and password where it says <Username> and <Password> so that it matches the information you have gotten from Videonor. In this case, it is set to "myusername" and "mypassword"
- Click Execute. You see a message indicating that the commands were successfully applied
- Verify that the provisioning is active by navigating to "Configuration -> System status". Then select "Provisioning" from the vertical menu on the left side and check the "Status" field. It should read "Provisioned" and list the current active IP of the provisioning host. Please note that there are several provisioning hosts, so you might read a different IP address here.
- If the endpoint is unable to obtain provisioning information, please contact Videonor support by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.