Short how-to for obtaining sufficiently new software to enable provisioning of your E20. We assume you have a basic understanding of networks and know what an IP address is.
- Computer capable of running a web-browser
- LAN connection between the computer and the E20
- Cisco Video Phone E20 (obviously)
With all the above set, proceed like this:
- Obtain the IP-address of your E20 by opening the menu and selecting "system information".
- Download software for the E20 from here.
- On the computer, open up your favorite web browser and enter the IPv4 address of the E20 endpoint. This should take you to the web interface of the E20.
- Select the "upgrade" tab
- Click "Browse" and select the .pkg file you just downloaded.
- Click "upgrade" to start the upgrade.
The process takes between 10-15 minutes to complete depending on network conditions. When the upgrade is finished, we recommend you reset the endpoint (it is not mandatory) by pressing the following in quick succession:
* * <laptop button> # #
If you did it correctly, the E20 should "freeze" and then restart.